Code Counseling – Personal training for anything tech.
I love writing code.Over the past 20 years I have written code:
I am eternally curious, constantly learning new programming languages, patterns, and paradigms. Some areas of particular expertise:
- as a MSc student in evolutionary biology
- as a software developer in pharma, insurance, and start-up companies
- as a professor at the FHNW school of engineering
- as a creator of open-source projects
- as a research associate at the FHNW school of life sciences (my current job)
As a woman in tech, I know what being from an underrepresented group feels like. I do whatever I can to help increase diversity and to be the role model and mentor I would have needed when I was younger. If you are a fellow woman in tech, I would be extra happy to work with you!
- Object-oriented programming, functional programming (Java, Scala)
- Desktop applications (JavaFX)
- Developer tooling (Git, Gradle, Asciidoctor, Docker, Bash/Fish)
- Information visualization (theory, D3.js)
- Open-source development
Outside of code and tech: most importantly, my husband and I have two kids. I am an avid guitar player, and love mountain-biking, runs with our dog, surfing, gardening, yoga, and photography.